We’re in a Trailer

Enough with all the pretty pictures of the North Dakota scenery…..because a major portion of our life is figuring out to be creative and sensible with eating and cooking in such a small space.  When we left Arcata we put everything from our refrigerator and freezer into the trailer’s compact fridge.  This morning before we took off on the Teddy Roosevelt adventure we found a home-made pizza dough (circa May 2010) in the freezer.  When we got home we created dinner with what we had on hand — green pepper, half of a tomato, Parmesan, and two slices of muenster cheese.   Pop it in the over at 450 degrees…..and no matter how small the oven you can have dinner in the time it takes to drink a cocktail.

Postscript:  On another day we can discuss with how much my hands look like my mother’s, and how gray my hair looks  in photographs.

9 Responses to “We’re in a Trailer”
  1. allison 20 July 2010 at 7:22 am #

OMG! A great meal for anywhere! …AND I like the Rt. 66 apron!

2. Michele 20 July 2010 at 8:33 pm #

Finally caught up with your blog! Dinner looks yummy and I see you’re wearing shorts. Too dreary here in the mornings for that but 4:00 pm it might work.

3. Martha Haynes 26 July 2010 at 10:59 am #

And a good time was had by all. Your pizza looks good enough to eat. The wedding came off without any major problems. It was a good, quiet, mellow time. The bride looked sooo happy, and the groom shook like an aspen in the fall. Guests are gone and all of the dishes, platters, and baskets have been put away. Now it is the mountain of laundry – sheets and towels.

4. donna 27 July 2010 at 4:44 am #

So Miss Martha — I’m afraid that in the month or so that we have been gone that I am out of the loop on this wedding. Who married? and was it at your house and grounds? We’re packing up soon to move on from Duluth to northern Wisconsin for a few days, and then into the U.P. of Michigan. The weather reports are promising severe thunderstorms this evening in northern Wisconsin. Oh joy.

5. Martha Haynes 2 August 2010 at 8:57 am #

Scott’s oldest daughter, Elysia, was married. The ceremony, which Tina ended up performing (VERY WELL) was on a bluff in Trinidad over looking the Pacific. The reception was at Scott’s, next door. My house was open for dinner on Friday evening and breakfast on Sunday morning. A good time was had by all. Now that all of that is behind us. we drove to Sabastopol on Thursday and picked up Archie – our 3 month old white miniature Schnauzer. He and Fiona are doing very well. Archie seems to have issues with men. We shall see. He’s fine with Bob but any other men who have approached him has caused the poor little guy to scream. I’m calling the breeder this morning to ask for advice. I’m really enjoying your blog and your trip notes. Great fun! I can’t believe you’ve been on the road for a month already. Wow!

6. donna 2 August 2010 at 9:09 am #

I’d love to see some pictures of this….on a bluff overlooking the Pacific. Nice.

7. Annette Cantrell 19 August 2010 at 8:07 am #

Wow!!! just hear about your trip!!! sounds like a great thing to do. I’ll keep checking your blog. Travel safe and enjoy. Annette

8. donna 20 August 2010 at 3:31 am #

You must have gone into FT? Or perhaps talked with Sandi (I sent her a “link” on her blog last month). Yep, we are about the mid-point of this adventure. We’re spending three weeks just outside NYC in September and then we are turning south and then west to hopefully be home by Thanksgiving. The Houston Quilt Show is on the schedule…yeah! Today we are in Fort Wayne, Indiana…tonight Oberlin, Ohio. There is a lot out here. Hope all is well with you and Bob…..and thanks for finding us on the blog:)

9. Jan Brown 22 August 2010 at 3:20 pm #

Sounds like you too are having a blast. We. too, have a trailer although I think it might be bigger, but our stove & oven match. We took our grandson for a 3 1/2 week trip up to Yellowstone and the Grant tetons in June and now we three just got back from two weeks up the Oregon coast and then down through the middle of WA and OR. Now the trailer is put away until next year.